Dear Colleagues

Could I draw your attention to the following unusual job advert, launched today, and ask you to pass it to anyone whom you think might be interested?

Many thanks

Martin Barker

RESEARCH ASSISTANT

DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE, FILM & TELEVISION STUDIES

6 Month Fixed term post

Research Staff Grade 1A £20,044 - £30,002 pro rata

Applications are invited for the position of Research Assistant to a project, funded by the British Board of Film Classification, to investigate the responses of naturally-occurring audiences to a series of films which include scenes of sexual violence, and which have posed classification problems for the BBFC.  The post will be for six months, from 1 June 2006.  Interviews will take place in the week beginning 24 April 2006, with a view to beginning employment on the project on 1 June 2006. Please provide a phone number at which you can be contacted to ensure a speedy response.

For further details and application form: please refer to our website http://www.aber.ac.uk/personnel/vacancies.html or contact Human Resources on 01970 621586 or [log in to unmask]. For an informal discussion please contact Professor Martin Barker [log in to unmask]

Job reference: TF 06/01

Closing date: 4 April 2006