User-lab has had experience of using UCD when developing museum websites
and we currently have a PhD student Mukti Bawa whose thesis is on
"determining users' needs and experiences while accessing museums online
collections" as well as work we have carried out for Birmingham Museums
and Art Galleries and West Midlands Hub.  We'd be happy to offer advice.

Mark Hindmarch BA(Hons) MBCS
Usability Analyst - User-lab
____________________
UCE Birmingham
Institute of Art & Design
University of Central England
Gosta Green
Corporation Street
Birmingham
B4 7DX
______________________________
[t] 0121 3317873
[e] [log in to unmask]
[w] http//www.user-lab.com

We're also involved with research into the uses of haptic technology
with museum collections. Slightly different I know, but we adopt a user
centred approach to all our work much of which relates to museums and
galleries, both real & virtual. If we can help, we'd be pleased to.

Dr.David Prytherch
Research Fellow in Haptics & Computer Interfaces for Craft
Birmingham Institute of Art & Design
University of Central England
Corporation Street
Gosta Green