Just to throw another heritage related podcast into the pot - Wessex
Archaeology irregularly produce "Archaeocast", our archaeology podcast. You
can subscribe at http://feeds.feedburner.com/archaeocast/ or do the manual
thing and read the "show notes" at http://events.wessexarch.co.uk/

We've only made 4 since last September, but we've got a few more in the
pipeline. The last one was in December with Phil Harding talking about
ancient technology.

John Pratty is correct in thinking of them as radio shows, and that the
quality of the audio and the content it paramount. Like a badly designed
website, people won't come back if it's not a pleasure to read/look
at/listen to.

That said, they're far from perfect, and I'm not the best interviewer, but
I'm learning, and I don't think that people should be put off from giving it
a go.

I'd be happy to share how we do them and how long they take with people on
list if that's of use to anyone.

Cheers,

Tom