Susan,

As part of the MA in Museum Studies at UCL, I teach a course,
Digitisation and museums. The students would find it very useful to
have some idea of what a budget for a small gallery interactive and /
or website would be like. Ditto, specs. for commissioning same. If
anyone was willing to let me have examples it would be much
appreciated. Let us hope everyone will eventually benefit from people
with better digital skills!

You might like to have a look at the "advice" section on my web site.
The "Beginners guide" (http://www.joecutting.com/beginnersguide.asp)
has some information on this for gallery
interactives and "Writing a creative brief for a computer exhibit"
has a lot more on the briefing and commissioning process.
( http://www.joecutting.com/creativebrief.asp).

I don't really cover web sites but you might find some more
information on the links on the main advice page. The information from
the Scottish Museums Council looked particularly good.

I'm also aware that I'm a bit sketchy on the whole budgeting and "How
much does it cost" issue and was thinking of writing
a new section on this. If other people would find this useful then
let me know and it'll give me more of nudge to get started on this.

Best wishes

Joe

Joe Cutting
Computer exhibits and installations
www.joecutting.com
The Fishergate Centre, 4 Fishergate, York, YO10 4FB
01904 624681

As of 30th October 2006 I have a new office so
please note my new address and phone number

Don't forget the Autumn meeting: 16 November, Natural History Museum, London