Hi,

We have been adding online resources to our catalogue on an ad hoc basis;
i.e. when someone notices a good website we catalogue it.  I wondered if
anyone is doing this in a more systematic way and if there are any
guidelines or best sources that could be used.  We are moving more and more
towards delivering information to the desktop and as fewer and fewer visits
are made to the Information Resource Centre it seems important to be able to
give our users pointers via our catalogue to relevant resources that they
can access at their desktops.

How do others manage this?

> Nickie Roome
> Information Resources Management Team Leader
> Defra Information Resource Centre
> Lower Ground Floor
> Ergon House
> c/o 17 Smith Square
> London
> SW1P 3JR
>
> GTN 238 3325
>
> 020 7238 3325
>
> mailto:[log in to unmask]

Read All About it!! - The Library Service can provide email alerts for all
your news and research needs, contact us for more details
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within Defra systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.