** Apologies for cross posting **

The Autumn/Winter issue of E-MmITS the electronic newsletter of the
Multimedia and Information Technology Group Scotland is now available at
<blocked::http://www.slainte.org.uk/mmits/newsletter.htm>
http://www.slainte.org.uk/mmits/newsletter.htm
<http://www.slainte.org.uk/mmits/newsletter.htm.>

In this issue we have 3 full conference articles that demonstrate the
developments and challenges we face as a profession in the coming years.

There is Sheila Cannell's Branch and Group Day paper  "Adapt or die:
Darwin and the current position of Librarians: an evolutionary approach
to meeting the needs and experiences of information users in the Google
era" and Duncan Chappell's report of this year's Electric Connections.
MmITS sponsored a chartership candidate for Enterprising e-content held
in October and in return Annette Casci has written a full account of the
day and in case you missed it we have reproduced the recent CILIP
Gazette question and answer report by Jane Yeadon, Mmit Chair.

We hope you enjoy the newsletter and welcome contributions for future
issues.

Catherine Ure