Hello,

I have a question from a singer who sings contemporay French songs (Hardy, Gainsbourg). She believes that she needs to contact the copyright owner of the songs before she can sing them in public. She has bought the sheet music for the songs she performs but cannnot find any contact detail there.
 I gave her the URL of the SACEM (the french music rights association) but that all I could come up with. It seems to me that, since so many performers sing other people's songs, there should be an easy answer - after all by publishing sheet music, you make it accessible to other performers - or is it that people just don't bother about this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Agnes Guyon