PINs

Dear all

Would be grateful if any other sites could share tips or experience with regard to distributing PIN numbers to library users.

At present, we put the emphasis on creating your own PIN via the OPAC.

As we move to install WAM, we’d like to have the PIN field included in our patron load from the student registry system.  The registry database would randomly generate a four digit PIN.

Does anyone have experience of PINs being automatically loaded onto Millennium patron records?

If so, how are these disseminated to users?

Thanks in advance.

Derek

Derek Mackenzie
Public Services Manager