Dear All,

Like a lot of academic institutions we are moving where available to
e-only access for journals and removing long archival runs of print
journals from the shelves where archival access is available online.
For a few of the print journals we subscribe to this archival and
current online access is available through full text databases such as
Infotrac.  Our concern in cancelling the print with regards to these
titles is the reliability of continued access to titles through full
text databases. I would be very interested to know if any other
institutions have explored this and as a result have cancelled their
current print subscriptions, moved print archives to storage or even
discarded their print archives on the based of e-access through a full
text database?

Many thanks in advance

Anna Sale

Anna Sale
Electronic Resources and Metadata Team Leader
Information Services Division
University of Salford
Adelphi Campus
Peru Street
Salford M3 6EQ
Tel: +44(0)161 295 6229
Fax: +44(0)161 295 6189
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.isd.salford.ac.uk

This email and its attachments are intended to be read by the above
named recipients only, and the contents may be confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this email you must not act on it, copy it
or show it to anyone.  But do please reply to it and highlight the
error, then delete it from your computer.

Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect those of University of Salford.
No contractual arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.