Apologies if this issue has been worked out already...

Just tested this from home tonight. I was forced to register a
ScienceDirect profile (along with my e-mail address) against an Athens DA
session. Then I chose "My Profile" -> "Modify Personal Details and
Preferences", and entered my Refworks group code, ID and password in the
relevant subsection.

Coincidentally, I'd also registered a new Refworks profile against an
Athens DA session (I actually used the same Refworks credentials as my
classic Athens credentials, without any conflict).

Scopus has a separate section for Refworks under "My Profile" and it also
works seamlessly too now.

CSA, on the other hand, required a speedy intervention when prompted by
the following message, displayed all too briefly before looping back to
the CSA export page again:

<<The target page is intended to open in a new window.
If this didn't work: click here

To return to your work: click here>>

I managed to click the "If this didn't work..." link second time around
and the export worked when I clicked through the Athens log on link.

Literature Online worked seamlessly during the same session.

BTW: The Refworks group code is your Athens site ID number -- this may
be the key to cracking the problem.

Dom