The Society for General Microbiology intends to digitize the entire back
content of its journals, and make this available free of charge on the
journal sites at HighWire (http://www.sgmjournals.org). To do this, we
need to assemble complete back runs of paper copies for scanning. We still
have some gaps, and would be very pleased if anyone could let us have the
following material:

International Bulletin of Biological Nomenclature and Taxonomy, volumes 1
(1951) - 6 (1956). This journal later changed its title to International
Journal of Systematic Bacteriology (ISSN 0020-7713) then to International
Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology (ISSN 1466-5026).

Journal of General Microbiology volumes 1 (1947) – 29 (1962). This title
subsequently had the ISSN 0022-1287 and since 1994 has been published as
Microbiology (ISSN 1350-0872).

Journal of Medical Microbiology (ISSN 0022-2615) volumes 1 (1968) – 5
(1972) and 13 (1980). We would also be interested in a run from volume 1
(1968) – 50 (2001) for the editorial office.

If you are thinking of doing some shelf clearing, and are willing to
donate any of these volumes please contact me – please don’t send anything
without first doing so! SGM will pay packing and shipping costs. Please
note that the scanning process involved is destructive, so material cannot
be returned.

Ron Fraser
Executive Secretary
Society for General Microbiology