From: Serials.Manager [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 January 2006 15:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: ordering NESLI2 deals via Content Complete - loss of access via
SwetsWise

Dear All,

This concerns NESLi reps/institutions that use Serials Solutions AMS Service

SS are considering enhancing their product so that institutions can carry
out global edits necessary, for example as in the case of BPL 2006 issues,
to update their holdings records accordingly rather than having to amend the
coverage dates individually. Of small comfort I know....

On another note, I contacted SS and informed them that for 2006 the LSE
would be taking advantage of Elsevier's subject collections, rather than
subscribing to the Freedom Collection. Of course I wanted to know when these
newly available subject databases would be available in the SS client centre
for us to select to reflect our 2006 subscriptions. So far the response from
SS is that we will have to select each individual title as they currently do
not track these subject databases. Obviously I've gone back to SS about this
but wondered if any institutions are in a similar situation?

Lisa

Lisa Cardy
Serials Manager (Job Share)
Library, The London School of Economics and Political Science 10 Portugal
Street London WC2A 2HD [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 6362
Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 7454