Like most scholarly publishers, Sage has some content in aggregated
databases, though we have always taken a cautious approach to these,
given the risk of cancellations.

I'm interested to know whether people making those cancellation
decisions (or indeed the decisions to subscribe to the aggregated
databases) do so taking into account the embargo periods on inclusion of
current content in the databases that many publishers (including Sage)
have in their agreements with the aggregators. If these are taken into
account, I'd also be interested in any feedback on what sort of embargo
period (1 year, 2 years etc.,) you would regard as significant in
affecting your decision on whether to cancel or whether to subscribe to
a database.

Leo Walford

Leo Walford
Associate Director, Journal Publishing