Dear Anna, and all,

To clarify: IngentaConnect InTouch is available under both personal and
institutional licences. Personal users can choose to receive up to 5 email
alerts free of charge, and can upgrade to a licence for about ?30. (A
licence entitles a user to set up unlimited new issue and search alerts). As
you noted, personal users can also use our free RSS feeds to be notified of
new issues -- and as Terry noted, these can be read through a web-based
reader i.e. users do not need to download software to local machines.

An institutional licence to IngentaConnect InTouch is charged for because it
offers a range of administrator functionality including reports, customised
header and footer text, the ability to register your proxy server to ensure
off-campus users get appropriate access via alerts, and (a recent
development) the ability to configure your OpenURL link server, so that
links from InTouch alerts can direct users to your licensed content both on
and off IngentaConnect.

Please do get in touch with me directly if you'd like further information,
or to discuss pricing for your institution.

Regards,
Amel
Amel Abourachid
Library and End User Services Manager
Ingenta PLC
Unit 1 Riverside Court, Bath, BA2 3DZ, UK
T  +44 1225 361113
F  +44 1225 361155
E  [log in to unmask]
www.ingentaconnect.com
Ingenta: Technology + Services for the Publishing and Information
Industries.