-----Original Message-----
From: list for CILIP members working towards MCLIP status
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SEC.STAFF
Sent: 12 June 2006 15:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: calling all ACLIPs: what ACLIP entitles you to in your
library.[Scanned]

My God everyone. Calm down. My inbox is about to explode!
I personally am a bit disheartened that you can now basically become a
'professional librarian' without a postgraduate qualification.
As has already been said - what did I slog my guts out for a year on a full
time MA for and get in even more debt!??

I try to think that employers will look more favourably on you with an MA or
Postgrad Diploma than if you have gone down the new library assistants route
and basically just had a level 4 qualification - makes me feel better
anyhow. Plus at the end of the day I still have a postgrad qualification to
show for my troubles.

Sarah Coyne,
Deputy LRC Manager,
Eccles College