Please share with informatics / disaster planning colleagues.

David

________________________________

From: BCS [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Mon 18/09/2006 16:36
Subject: ASSIST Yorkshire and Northern Branch Event - 29 Sept

On the 29th September what better way to start to the day's event than with a "Bacon Butty" or "Danish"  on arrival at the Best Western Guide Post Hotel, Low Moor, Bradford BD12 0ST.  Full details of agenda, location and sumptuous menu for the day will shortly be found on our website <www.yorkshire.assist.org.uk>

The ultimate in information sharing

How will you and your health informatics systems manage in the aftermath of the worst that nature and terrorists can throw at them.

At this full day event hear how Bradford HIS, Bradford Council and the West Yorkshire Fire, Ambulance & Police services are planning to co-ordinate Emergency Services, Hospitals, GPs, Dentists and local Pharmacist in the event of such a disaster.  They will also be showing the systems and software that has been developed to achieve this.

Also, one year on from Hurricane Katrina, one of our own members, who was working with the emergency teams out there, will explain how quickly and how badly it can all go wrong.

As the Civil Contingencies Act places a legal obligation upon emergency services and local authorities to have a business continuity plan and places legal obligations for increased co-operation and information sharing between different emergency services and also to non-emergency services that might have a role in an emergency, you may wish to advertise this event to a wider audience than usual within your organisation.

Attendance is free to any ASSIST or BCS member- email your reply to [log in to unmask]

Non-members may also attend at a cost of  £50, to include membership of ASSIST for a year - Complete the attached fax-back booking form and fax to Carole Archer on 0113 2065994.

If anyone has problems getting to or from the event I will try and put you in touch with other members who may be able to offer you a lift.

I look forward to seeing you at what promises to be an interesting day.

Carole

Treasurer & Membership Liaison
Yorkshire & Northern ASSIST
0113 - 2067055

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it have come from The British Computer Society, Registered Charity number 292786, and are confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.
No-one else may retain, use, copy, forward, distribute or place any reliance on all or any of it in any form. Our registered office is 1st Floor, Block D, North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please contact The BCS on +44 (0)1793 417417.
Please note that this e-mail and any attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. However, it is always advisable to run a virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening them.