Message
Hello,

Colleagues will not be surprised to learn that many students who seek study support here do so because of difficulties in understanding assignment briefings: the format has not been stated, the parameters have not been given or they simply don't know how to interpret the question etc. For a number of reasons, some of which involve grandmothers and egg sucking, it is very difficult to bring this to the attention of many academics so we are going to try another approach ie incorporate some guidelines for writing assignments onto staff development & pdp websites.

Before I reinvent the wheel, I wondered whether anyone knew of any good sites that are available that offer suggestions for assignment writers.

Happy New Year to all

Alison

Alison Green
Study Support Tutor