Hi Maria

We are using the LearnHigher CETL capital to set-up a flexible learning and teaching space in which students can laptops which can be stored in a secured unit when they are not being use. Cables will be fed through “power towers”.  Tables are small and individual and easy to move.  The Centre will be fully operational when the AV equipment is installed in January and you would be welcome to come and visit then.  Sorry if that is too late but I would be happy to discuss our plans and experiences over the phone before then.

Best wishes

Kate

From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Graal, M.O.
Sent: 01 November 2006 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Open Access Areas

Dear Colleagues

Next year, the Student Learning Centre at the University of Leicester will be moving to new accommodation in the University's Main Library. The new accommodation will include an open access area with a number of networked PCs, and I want to use this move as an opportunity to review how we use our service's open access student area.

So, we are in search of ideas and inspiration and wondered if any colleagues in similar services would be willing to have us visit to see how other people are making use of their open access space. Any offers?

Many thanks

Maria

Maria Graal
Head of Centre