Dear all

As many of you might be aware (given my postings to this list recently!) I have been involved in producing a new workbook for students to identify their skills on entry to the University and signpost activities and resources that might be of use to them.  I have now completed a number of drafts and would love to receive some external feedback on what I have produced if any of you have time (in return for you having a copy of the materials!).

The aims behind the SaPRA activity (SaPRA stands for Skills and Personal Reflective Activity) are:

To enable students to:

1.      identify what skills they are familiar with

2.      identify what skills they are confident in

3.      identify what skills they lack confidence in

4.      formulate an action plan for the development of their weaker skills

5.      identify appropriate additional support and materials to aid this development

6.      promote the existence of the Learner Development Unit (LDU)

and to enable staff to:

7.      have an overview of where a cohort of students might face difficulty with their skills

8.      adapt and re-define curriculum materials in order to support students

There are two engagement strands to SaPRA:

Strand 1 will be delivered in class by myself/other members of the LDU

Strand 2 will be delivered by personal tutors to the tutee groups

Students will interact with SaPRA in one of three ways:

1.      Totally electronic using PebblePad for the assessment and reflection

2.      A blended version using the paper workbook and PebblePad

3.      Totally paper based.

If you would be willing to give me some feedback please e-mail me and I will send you an electronic copy of the workbook and feedback sheet!

Many thanks!

Becka

Becka Currant

Student Engagement Adviser