Hi Alison

We have used a self enrol option this year for students who wish to access
the Study Skills Toolkit.  We decided to go for a self enrol option as we
weren't sure about how an organisation with over 10,000 people registered
onto it would work in practise.  In terms of reminding students about the
facilities available we have found the use of system announcements on the
home page to be very successful (i.e. I put an announcement there about my
research into the First Year Experience and within the space of 10 hours
over 60 people had completed the questionnaire!).  I've also been running
induction sessions with students highlighting the support materials
available and asking them to self enrol as part of a session which has been
successful.  We now have over 500 people registered which is pretty good
going.  Our academic Schools have also provided links from their webpages to
the resources (e.g.
http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/envsci/currentstudents/studyskills.php) and we're
working closely with academic colleagues to promote the materials that are
available.

Let me know if you want any more information!

Becka

Becka Currant

Senior Adviser

Learner Development Unit