Dear all

I am in the process of staffing our new Learner Development Unit and I am
thinking about how best to provide appropriate coverage over the week/day to
achieve this.

We have funds available to appoint a further 3 FTE adviser posts to cover
maths/Numeracy support, English support and generic study skills support.  I
am beginning to think more about the balance of staff in terms of providing
adequate provision for students when they need it.

I anticipate that the LDU will be open from 9am-8pm Mon-Fri and 1pm-5pm at
weekends to mirror other provision available within Learner Support
Services.  However I am interested to know when you are open.  Please reply
off list with your current term time and vacation time opening hours.  I
will post a summary to the list next week if people are interested.

Becka Currant

Senior Adviser

Learner Development Unit

University of Bradford