www.scambimedievali.org.uk

We would like to warmly invite you to visit the website (blog) of our
Leverhulme Trust funded research project entitled, 'Scambi
medievali'.  This is Italian for 'medieval exchanges' as our project
focuses on the movement and exchange of merchants and objects in
medieval southern Italy from the 7th to 13th centuries.  It is a dual-
stranded project, the first of which (conducted by Patricia Skinner)
looks at the the mercantile activities and exchanges of Amalfitan and
Jewish merchants in southern Italy and beyond, and the second of
which (conducted by Tehmina Goskar) concentrates on a comparative
study of the movement and exchange of moveable goods in southern
Italy by examining extant artefacts in museum collections and those
cited in documentary sources such as wills and dowry lists.
Although the site has been live and active for a while and has
received many visitors (from as far apart as the Holy See and
Guatemala), we wished to take the opportunity to launch it formally
to our colleagues at other institutions and those independent
scholars who might be interested in our work. We hope you enjoy the
site and the news about our project, useful resources, links and
other developments which relate to it.  We would welcome and actively
invite comments, questions and ideas, and these may be left via the
website using the relevant links at the end of a posting.

www.scambimedievali.org.uk

Please feel free to forward this on to any other interested parties.

With best wishes,

Dr Patricia Skinner (Reader in Medieval History) and Tehmina Goskar
(PhD student in Medieval History)

Centre for Antiquity and the Middle Ages, University of Southampton