Apologies for cross-posting.

I am delighted to be able to tell you that the long-awaited Guide to reviewing published
evidence is now available on the LHO website.

I am sending you this notification as I thought you'd be interested &/or you were
involved in the project &/or you asked me to &/or I thought you mihgt like to know what
we've been doing! I've used 'Bcc' to avoid a long list of addresses blocking the main
message.

You can find the Guide itself and our report to the DH about why/how we did the project
at www.lho.org.uk.

The Guide in the version you can download from the webiste includes hyperlinks (that
were correct at the end of August!)
The Guide is also being printed for dissemination via the LHO's equity-focused
publication distribution list and at conferences.
Please let me know if you would like to take a boxful or a handful to a UK conference -
public health / HIA / local government / health promotion.

Also on the LHO website at www.lho.org.uk/HIA/ReviewingEvidence.aspx you can find
these two documents plus four reviews on
*   Employment and health
*   Congestion charging
*   (Milton Keynes) sub-regional growth strategy
*   (Plymouth Central Park) Life Centre development
plus appraisals of each of these reviews. (NB They're listed in date order - the date I
entered info onto the LHO website, not the dates they were written or that they went
live, so the lit reviews and their appraisals aren't listed adjacent to its partner.)

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who was involved in the qualitative
research, the Advisory group, who piloted or peer-reviewed the Guide, supplied a
review, appraised one, or who commented on earlier drafts / responded to the
consultations / iterations by email or at conference workshops.

The printed copies will be available in a couple of weeks.

Please note that the views expressed in the Guide are those of the authors - modified
by many of you - and are not official Department of Health policy or views.
But we'd like to thank the DH for funding this project.

I'm looking forward to having my evenings free!

Regards,
Jenny

--
I will be cycling in aid of Norwood in November. Please email me if you'd like to know
more about the ride or the charity or would like us to write to you requesting

David and I will be cycling in aid of Norwood in November. Please email me if you'd like
to know more about the ride or the charity or would like us to write to you requesting
sponsorship. You can also donate securely online at
www.justgiving.com/jennydavidIndia

--
David and I will be cycling in aid of Norwood in November. Please email me if you'd like
to know more about the ride or the charity or would like us to write to you requesting
sponsorship. You can also donate securely online at
www.justgiving.com/jennydavidIndia

Dr Jennifer Mindell
Clinical Senior Lecturer
University College London
Health and Social Surveys Group
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health
1-19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT

Tel 020 7679 1269
Fax 020 7813 0242
Mobile 07770 537238