Dear Everyone,

Sorry it's rather short notice, but you may be interested in the following:

Visit to the British Geological Survey, Keyworth, Nottingham - Professional Day 1st December 2006.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) is the world's longest established, national geological survey and its collections include most of the contents of the former Geological Museum, London.

The BGS is providing tours to the public of its Records Centre, Materials collections, Library and Enquiry service as part of its support of the national Archives Awarenesss Campaign 2006. http://www.archiveawareness.com

As part of this we will also be running two tours (morning and afternoon) with refreshments for professionals on Friday the 1st of December. These will highlight the value of our extensive holdings to researchers looking at land use, both current and historical and the wide variety of information we can provide for engineers, geologists, planners, academics, consultants etc. etc.

Due to the nature of the BGS work we are only able to provide this type of access on an annual basis and places are limited. We hope this is of interest and we would be pleased if you and/or colleagues were able to take advantage of this opportunity.

To book a place please contact Rebecca White Tel 01159363021 email [log in to unmask]

_____________________________

Dr Mike Howe
Chief Curator
British Geological Survey

Email:[log in to unmask]
Tel: 0115 9363105
Fax: 0115 9363200

www.bgs.ac.uk

This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only.
NERC is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
the contents of this email and any reply you make may be
disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt from release under
the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in an
electronic records management system.