Freelance Opportunity

Brent Museum (based in Willesden Green Library Centre) is looking for experienced freelance museum educators to deliver its programme to primary schools. The schools programme covers a range of humanities topics and is an incredibly popular local resource for Brent teachers.

Brent Museum and Brent Archive run a successful education programme for local primary school children, teaching over 4000 children each year. Due to the success of the programme we are seeking to appoint freelance workshop leaders to deliver workshops in the museum during term time.  The workshops are hands-on and use the collections of Brent Museum and Brent Archive to explore a variety of humanities topics. All workshops encourage active learning, team working, speaking and listening.

We are looking for freelancers who are brilliant communicators and have experience in delivering sessions to KS1 and 2 to deliver workshops to school groups. The museum will pay  £150 for a full day of teaching and £80 for a half day.

Freelancers would need to be able to make a regular commitment to the museum of between one and three days a week and be available from the start of October for training.

If you are interested please email or post a copy of your CV and a covering letter to me at the address below by Wednesday 27th September.

Informal interviews for the position will take place on Monday 2nd October.

Please pass this on to anyone else you may think is suitable.
Many thanks

Chloe

Chloe Bird
Learning Manager
Brent Museum and Brent Archive
Heritage Services
LB of Brent
Tel: 020 8937 3600

Brent Museum
Willesden Green Library Centre
95 High Road
Willesden
London
NW10 2SF

--
The use of Brent Council's e-mail system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.