What a fascinating can of worms!

I have received so many replies to my question I haven't had the time to say thanks to each one - so thank you very much to all who replied with their personal preference, or with information about the gallery/museum they work at and experiences they have had.  I especially liked the idea of allowing visitors free choice to decide and then observing how many go right and how many left.  It is also interesting that perhaps we should be developing exhibitions more freely so that a chronological path does not have to be followed.

From my count of replies - more of you said left (clockwise) than right.  Anyway, i'm sure we could debate this one for weeks!

I have attached all replies in a word doc.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Kerley
Education Officer