Have received a few replies to my request which I have summarised below.

Thank you to everyone.

Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa

We’re quite keen on doing this sort of thing here (mostly because we haven’t done that many education projects, and like to shout the ones we have!). See www.postalheritage.org.uk/learning/teachers/projects then individual links to projects within that section. Let me know if you want anything more.

 Cheers

 Steve

Steve Gardam
Access Manager

T 020 7239 2627
F 020 7239 5145
M 07979 964 727

The British Postal Museum & Archive (BPMA)
Freeling House
Phoenix Place
LONDON
WC1X 0DL
www.postalheritage.org.uk

Hi Lissa,

I work on the Grass Roots project in Scotland.  Within the resources which
I have produced for the GEM website there are numerous case studies from
museums across Scotland.  Please see
http://www.gem.org.uk/grassroots/GR%20Resources/6dGRResources.html for
more information.  In particular, there are some interesting examples in
developing learning activities and curricular developments.

With best wishes,

Susan

Dear Lisa

We have been leading on a project for the last 2 years or so, that has
involved schools, youth groups and veterans of the Second World War in
learning about the War and its impact together. It is called Their Past
Your Future, and the website address is as below. The site contains a
full account of what we did as part of the project - ranging from
partnering veterans and schools, taking young people overseas to see
places of historical significance to the War, and touring an exhibition
to 70 venues across the UK in 2005/6. It contains examples of some of
the work that young people did as a result of being part of the project,
advice on how to run intergenerational workshops/projects, how to run
overseas visits with young people, as well as historical resources for
use in the classroom.
We used the Inspiring Learning for All framework
(www.inspiringlearningforall.gov.uk ) throughout the project and it was
evaluated against the learning objectives that we set. A summary report
of the evaluation is available on the website, and the full report is
likely to be available in the autumn.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the project, please do
get in touch with me, or with my colleague Dan (as above) who was the
Education Programme Manager for the project.

best wishes
Samantha

Samantha Heywood
Head of Corporate Education Programmes