From: Cathy Blackbourn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [onmuse-l] It Begins with a Blog! Interpreters and Educators
Wanted!

Attention all museum and living history site interpreters and educators!

One of the presentations at this year's Colloquium on Learning VIII
(visit the OMA website at www.museumsontario.com for the full program
or to find out how to register) is Minding Your Ps & Qs: Professional
Approaches to Visitor Challenges by Brianne Crites and Colleen
Nelson. As part of their proposal, Brianne and Colleen wanted to post
a blog (online bulletin board discussion) with other interpreters and
educators
to submit questions, dilemmas and previous experiences on a web board
or blog. Topics for postings will include "Get Lost! When visitors
won't leave", "Multicultural challenges in education programming" and
"Questionable Questions: How to answer any question". These postings
will then be included in the final paper and utilized in the
roundtable discussion. Facilitating dialogue on these sensitive and
important issues is the main objective of this paper, as well as
giving museum colleagues the opportunity to share, learn and laugh,
while tackling touch issues regarding visitor education and
satisfaction.

Through the generosity of Christine Castle and HAM-ED(Hamilton and
Area Museum Educators Group) the conversation begins! Brianne and
Colleen encourage you to visit discussion number one, read, laugh and
share your stories on the HAM-ED blog  http://hamused.blogspot.com/ :

Intrigued? We hope so!

Willing to try something new? Do It!

Want to join in the conversation? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thanks to HAM-ED we have access to this beautiful and easy to use
blog space (ignore my cranky piece about log-in names and
passwords...I was having a bad day!) until the Colloquium on
Wednesday, October 18th.

Thanks to Colleen and Brianne! We have more than enough to talk about.

We will also post this link to the HAM-Ed blog and this collegial
discussion on the OMA homepage for the next six weeks...let's Blog On!!!

Cathy Blackbourn
Professional Development Program Manager
Ontario Museum Association

519-571-1576  tel
519-571-9890  fax

Don't forget to visit the Ontario Museum Association website to find
out what's new in advocacy and other museum issues, download tip
sheets and other useful information shared by your colleagues,  check
current job postings and learning opportunities. The OMA annual
conference will be held October 19 & 20, 2006 in Owen Sound. Check
our website www.museumsontario.com for conference and pre-conference
details.