Thanks Steve for you reply.

A couple of more questions...

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:09:01 +0100, Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi, there could be several reasons for this.
>
>Firstly - it's probably just a typo, but did you mean for contrast 3
>to be [0 0 1] ?

lol. Yes, it was a typo.

>Next, the most likely difference is that fstats don't distinguish
>between negative and postitive activation - both show up as
>"positive" - this is the nature of fstats. Hence your zstats only
>show positive, the fstats show both.

So my fstats setup was correct then? And why does the contrast setup:

>>       EV1 EV2 EV3   F1 F2 F3
>> OC1 *  1   0   0    *  0  0
>> OC2 *  0   1   0    0  *  0
>> OC3 *  0   0   1    0  0  *

only represent or detect positive activation ONLY as opposed to the F-test
which detects both positive and negative activation? I would think they
would do the same thing, no?