Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I examined the values by overlaying (in afni)
"all_MD_skeletonized" on "all_MD", and comparing the overlay and underlay MD
values of the same subject at each pixel on the skeleton. My understanding
is that the pixel values on the skeleton in "all_MD_skeletonized" are
derived from searching perpenticularly from the original skeleton for the
maximum value, representing the center of the track. These should therefore
be >= the same pixels on "all_MD", which represent the values before the
projection. Our FA data are consistent with this, although MD are not. Does
this sound like I have an incorrect understanding of the process somehow?
Thank you in advance for your valueble time.

Win