Another potential problem with the procedure that Michael described is that the number of activated voxels is an unreliable measure of activation, as shown by Cohen & Dubois:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10398975&query_hl=3&itool=pubmed_docsum

Fortunately this measure seems to have waned in the literature in the last couple of years.

I agree with Joe that the best approach is to examine your activations using a good atlas and describe the anatomical regions that are activated. If you want to report something quantitative, then one approach would be to use the probabilistic cytoarchitectural maps from the SPM Anatomy Toolbox (http://www.fz-juelich.de/ime/spm_anatomy_toolbox) and compute signal change within a region of particular probability (e.g., the region with >50% likelihood of being BA 45).  These maps take into account the variability that is glossed in the AAL map.  Unfortunately these maps only cover some of the Brodmann's areas.   There are unfortunately no comprehensive probabilistic sulcal/gyral anatomical atlases that are publicly available, to my knowledge

cheers,
russ