Steve,

I just now realized that when saying PE vs COPE I in fact meant (CO)PE
vs ZSTAT.

Just to make sure I understand, zstat is COPE-mean(COPE)/sqrt(VARCOPE)?

my point is that I compare patterns of activations across different EVs,
and some are collected in separate runs (with a run being machine ON to
machine OFF), hence comparing measures that do not account for
differences in signal mean and variability across runs I may be getting
non-interpretable results.

cheers

 martin

www.webmartin.net