Hi - I'm not sure if you're saying that you'd like to improve the
segmentation output by FAST or the effect of the cortical masking
carried out by affine-transforming a simple cortical standard space
mask onto the data - it sounds like it may be the latter, in which
case you might want to use your own version of $FSLDIR/etc/standard/
avg152T1_strucseg_periph - or it may simply be that your subject is
too different from the MNI152 for a purely affine transformation to
give you a good match of the mask, in which case SIENAX can't help
you there!

Hope this helps - cheers, Steve.

On 21 Oct 2006, at 17:57, Paul Geha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do a cortical volume quantification using Sienax on
> t1 images.   When I run it I get
> the output called t1_periph_render.   This one shows that there are
> some small areas in the
> fusiform gyrus, and the orbito-frontal cortex.   I tried to
> increase the number of iteration with
> the S option (to 15) in Sienax to improve this but this did not
> work.  However, if I run FAST on
> the t1 image with the "use a priori probability maps for
> initialising" I get a better peripheral
> gray matter mask in t1_brain_seg1 image with no omissions, but
> this one includes the sub-cortical
> structures and the cerebellum, which I want to exclude.
>
> Can I improve Sienax segmentation in anyway?  Please advise.
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Paul
>
> Paul Geha M.D.
> Northwestern University