Mark Jenkinson wrote:
> So I recommend checking the funused fields (you can look at the
> output of avwhd) and if they are zeros then you can proceed without
> problem.

Actually I'm afraid it gets worse... I have Analyze images (I think
produced from SPM99) that include a scale-factor which doesn't show up
in these fields...

SPM5 shows the images as having intensity from 0 to 1, while avwhd
shows all (unused1, funused1, funused2, funused3) as zero, with the
glmax as 32767 -- so perhaps you need to scale by this in some
situations? Try asking on the SPM list if that is where your images
originate.

Best of luck,
Ged.