Thanks,

The \c flag was my solution for our local installation.
However, the printf utility is reported to be a more portable
and equally effective solution, and I was just curious if this
was something you could investigate putting in the official
distribution (my motivation is entirely selfish of course, so
I don't have to apply this local fix whenever I upgrade FSL!).

-syam