Hi,

I am trying to coregister a 3-slice EPI to a low-resolution anatomical (t2
flair) image. The anatomical image covers the whole brain and has the 3 EPI
slices as a subset. Slice thickness is 6 mm in both cases.

Thus, I need a flirt command with Z translation only:

Case 1:
flirt -in epi_3 -ref T2flair_brain  -out epi_3_in_T2flair  -schedule
/usr/local/fsl/etc/flirtsch/ztransonly.sch
Result: The coregistration (location of slices) is ok but there are only 2
EPI slices in the anatomical space

Case 2 (-2D):
flirt -in epi_3 -ref T2flair_brain  -out epi_3_in_T2flair  -2D -schedule
/usr/local/fsl/etc/flirtsch/ztransonly.sch
Result: Now there are 4 EPI slices.

What is going on here?

Cheers,

Teemu Rinne
Dept Psychology
Univ Helsinki, Finland

Flirt versio is 5.4.2 (mac g5 & intel mac pro).

avwinfo T2flair_brain:
dim1           512
dim2           512
dim3           28