We have just posted the ad below for a faculty opening, either at the junior or senior level,
in isotope geochemistry. Our goal is to consider this field broadly, and we are interested in
attracting candidates with interests in surface processes and/or tectonics, using thermochronology,
cosmogenic isotopes, or stable isotopes. Please pass the word around.
Cheers,
Mark Brandon

Yale University, Professor in Isotope Geochemistry

The Department of Geology and Geophysics at Yale University invites applications for a professorship, at either the junior or senior level, for research in radioactive, radiogenic, or light stable isotopes.

We seek a candidate with outstanding prospects for research and scholarly leadership who will complement the existing strengths of the Department. A successful applicant must be willing to develop and implement independent, externally funded research programs, advise students, and facilitate interdisciplinary research.

Yale University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applications from female and minority-group scientists are strongly encouraged. Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, and a list of publications, plus the names, addresses and e-mail addresses for four references to Professor David Bercovici, Chair, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University, P. O. Box 208109, New Haven, CT 06520-8109. Applications that arrive before September 30, 2006 will receive full consideration.

For full information regarding Yale Geology and Geophysics, visit our web site at www.yale.edu/geology.

Mark Brandon, Professor, Dept. of Geology and Geophysics
Yale University, P.O. Box 208109, 210 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520-8109
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
wk. phone: +203-432-3135, wk. fax: +203-432-3134
Dept. Web site: http://www.geology.yale.edu
Brandon's site: http://www.geology.yale.edu/~brandon