Hello Julien
i sugest to you "Sculping the time" by Andrey Tarkowsky.
If you read portuguese there's a great book by Mello ferreira calls "As
Poéticas do Cinema".I'm affraid that one hasn't english translate.
Also Sokurov has some articles.
Good Luck
If i can help e-mail me.
André Gil Mata

>From: julien guillemet <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Bibliography on contemplation
>Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:09:24 +0200
>
>Hello,
>
>   As a very new phd student (such a big adventure, I’m kind of afraid…)
>I’m currently working on the concept of contemplation in cinema.
>
>   But since I have not found a lot of materials on this subject yet, I
>really need new ideas and above all a great, large and strong bibliography
>(articles and books) about the concept of contemplation in cinema.
>
>   Because for now the only book on cinema I found with the very word
>contemplation in the title is HORTON, Andrew, The Films of Theo
>Angelopoulos: A Cinema of Contemplation (1999), and I guess it’s very far
>to be enough!!!
>

>Thanks to all,
>
>  Julien
>

>---------------------------------
>  Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quel que soit le
>sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos
>opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.
>
>*
>*
>Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
>After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are
>replying to.
>To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
>For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
>**

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br

*
*