From: Film-Philosophy Salon on behalf of Eskandar Sadeghi
Sent: Fri 4/14/2006 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Phenomenological criticisms of Bergson[Scanned]

Thank you Dan - where could I find that? Are there any texts in particular that you could direct me towards?

"Shaw, Dan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

	How about Maritain's defense of conceptual knowledge in Bergsonian Philosophy and Thomism? He saw himself as trying to stem the tide of irrationalism at the time (1913), but he does make some interesting points.

	"For beauty is the beginning of terror we are still able to bear, and why we love it so is because it so serenely disdains to destroy us" Rilke's First Duino Elegy

	Daniel Shaw
	Professor of Philosophy and Film
	Lock Haven University
	Managing Editor, Film and Philosophy
	website: www.lhup.edu/dshaw

	*
	*
	Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
	**

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. ** <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

*
*