Thank you, that's it.

And to answer about Zizek … he reuses bits and pieces of his texts so
themes tend to spread through his work, but in The Plague of
Fantasies, for one, he speaks of Lynch's portrayals of the Real (the
impossible pre-symbolic state of being) through the baby in
Eraserhead and through excrement in general – the 'almost' formless
excess being the most apt image of the world before symbolization.

On Apr 13, 2006, at 12:15 AM, lucy.fraser wrote:

> Hi
> It was Mulholland Drive, when Betty arrives at her aunt's apartment.
> Lucy
>
>> Date:    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:05:29 +0000
>> From:    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Haukur_M=E1r_Helgason?= <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Re: A scatological inquiry
>> If I remember correctly, there is a Lynch film isn't there where
>> a piece of shit on a pavement fills the screen for one shot was
>> it  in Wild at heart?
>>
>> Salo, of course, far exceeds any sort of symbolism the film itself
>>
>> being a huge scatological symbol, it should probably be taken as the
>> mother of all cinematic scatology.
>>
>> There is a recent short film, Slavek the shit, by a friend of mine,
>> that's been travelling in the festival circuit. A love stroy of two
>> public toilet guards. Incidentally =96 is your interest related to
>> Slavoj Zizek's writings?
>>
>> Haukur M=E1r.
>>

> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message
> you are replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

*
*