Just an additional comment following on from Sukhbir's fascinating remarks on Lagaan, the film is almost an introductory course on cricket. I keep meeting people who tell me that while watching it, they understood and even enjoyed the otherwise-to-them-quite-boring-game of cricket for the first time. In the details it shows of the game, it is somewhat unusual in the genre of sporting films.

Ross

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.