ARRGH

ASK ARTAUD, ASK ARTAUD.
 THE ACADEMIC WORLD DOVETAILS SLICKLY BACK INTO
COMMERCIAL MOVING GRAPHICS WITH STORY OR "FILM".

i cannot express my anguish and lack of hope that
academics will do anything with the great and storied
D&G except fold them into a square and slide them into
that instructor's slot for a passing grade.

i really feel like it is talking to a wall here. do you
you know what Deleuze had to say about capitalism and
it's effects on the human brain?  And the art of capitol
-- art that only reflects a toelrant and benevolent view
of the dictator ship of capitol?

to simply banally repeat what was said without
comprehension is a slap in the face to the man...
i need to lay down.

--- Don Lope <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well, right off the bat, we should take a look see at
> cinematic precedents
> of Deleuzian expression in order to contextualize a
> history wherewith to
> work off of.  So I would say, look no further than
> Luis Bunuel for
> examples of lines of flight and filmic explorations of
> various planes of
> consistency and also what you could call rhizomatic
> film narratives. This
> has been written about to some extent in 'Luis Bunuel:
> New Readings' but
> not to the extent that could offer a contextual
> jumping board for to forge
> new expressions of Deleuzian film work.  I've had a
> tougher time finding
> theoretical applications from Deleuze's 'Cinema' books
> but I'm only a
> young man, so you could say I've got my whole life
> ahead of me, yurd me?
> Off the top of the dome, I'd say some past films that
> may have something
> to offer to the search for Deleuzian applications in
> cinema are:
> Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, The Exterminating
> Angel, Milky Way, and
> other Bunuelonis, Masculin-Feminin, Ugestu, Mulholland
> Drive, Macunaima,
> the films of Suzuki, Medium Cool, and La Jetee.
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of
> the message you are replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
> For help email:
> [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

http://particlezen.proboards7.com/index.cgi