Richard Allen (NYU) tells me that Prof. Ray Carney, author of books on
Dreyer, Mike Leigh, and the great John Cassavetes, has been intrepidly
anti-Hitchcock for many years.  Recently Carney castigated Allen's
"Camera Movement in VERTIGO" published on my website
(http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/camera_movement.html).  Now I've
defended Hitchcock on the same website, on mainly philosophical grounds,
here: http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html.
(The two pieces by me, dated September 29 and 30, include a link to
Carney's pieces.  They also include a link, furthering my argument, to a
review by me of Lesley Brill's 'Crowds, Power, and Transformation in
Cinema', a book applying the theories of Elias Canetti to film.)  I'd
welcome feedback from interested persons.

Thanks - Ken Mogg
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html

*
*