sorry, balderdash, julie. the world - film world?  hasnt and may not
freely choose to develop the informaticinematic hmmm.. foresight tucked
away in passages of deleuze time-image, i.e.:

"And the screen itself, even if it keeps a vertical position by
convention, no longer seems to refer to the human posture, like a
window or a painting, but rather constitutes a table of information, an
opaque surface on which are inscribed 'data'. ... When the frame or the
screen functions as instrument panel, printing or computing table, the
image is constantly being cut into another image, being printed through
a visible mesh, sliding over other images in an 'incessant stream of
messages'. ... The life of the afterlife of cinema depends on its
internal struggle with informatics. It is necessary to set up against
the latter the question which goes beyond it, that of its source and
that of its addressee." [G. Deleuze, "Cinema II: Time-Image", 1989]

if the world has moved on, the it took me to the same place somebody
else has been, so its enduring.

when will cinema I be understood as a flatteringly long intro to cinema
II and the idea of the crystal image... cinema I is hommage to neo-real
and hitchcock. other than that it questions time not 'being out of
joint.' cinema I knolls for freeing time as one-dimensional (unit
length) denominator to any frame. free time --> cinema II. not in any
polemic sense of freedom, but a call to its other more enduring
characteristics than merely length of time as identical.

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
**