Hi Terry,

I would concentrate on your PhD. Leave the article until another time.

Chs

Warwick

On 5/7/06 3:00 AM, "FILM-PHILOSOPHY automatic digest system"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Questioning The Developmental Process of Creating Movies
>   2. Kritikos V.3 July 2006
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are
> replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

> Date:    Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:01:39 -0700
> From:    Jim Flannery <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Questioning The Developmental Process of Creating Movies
>
> Wednesday, June 28, 2006, 11:14:41 PM, one spoke:
>
> K> For some time I've been thinking of writing a piece on the
> K> relationship of academic and amateur film criticism, particularly
> K> in relation to the internet. I'm especially interested in the (very
> K> hostile) chasm that exists between high-end film criticism and the
> K> types of approach that you see on email lists and established film
> K> fora (e.g. Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB), where teenagers, fanboys,
> K> students and wannabe professional critics organize themselves into
> K> interactive communities.
>
> K> Obviously this research is in the earliest possible phase - can anyone
> K> suggest other internet forums that would be worth researching, or any
> K> secondary material that would be worth reading?
>
> Aside from online journals like Rouge, Senses of Cinema, and Cinema
> Scope, you left out the blogs. I don't think, for example, Girish
> Shambu's blog http://www.girishshambu.com/blog/ is either
> "professional" (he's an academic in a different field) or "fanboy".
> Don't skip the comment threads linked at the ends of the posts, which
> can be long or involved. Start there and follow the links on the
> left-hand side (and again, in the comments -- he'll often do linkdumps
> of the day's interesting posts not related to the original thread).
>
> (I cite girish merely as an example, because he's himself an
> interesting blogger, and he's got a good set of links. There are a lot
> more.)

Dr. Warwick Mules
Editor, Transformations     http://transformations.cqu.edu.au
Senior Lecturer in Media Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Education
Central Queensland University
Bundaberg Campus
Bundaberg Queensland 4670

Adjunct Senior Lecturer
School of English, Media and Art History
University of Queensland

Phone: 07 41507142
Fax: 07 41507090
Mobile: 0412292541