  -----Original Message-----
  From: Film-Philosophy Salon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of David Foster
  Sent: 09 May 2006 16:10
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Copies of films by experimental filmmakers.

  Dear all,

  Does anybody know how I might go about obtaining, either temporarily or
permanently, copies of any films by the following 'experimental' filmmakers:
Peter Gidal, Michael Snow, Hollis Frampton.

  -----

  You can get hold of dubious bootlegs of some Snow and Frampton films using
file-sharing methods (emule lists a few). I have never come across any Gidal
using these methods.

  As other posters mentioned, these films should really be seen in quality
prints. But at least these downloads might give you a 'taster' of what the
films are really like, or can be used for reference if you have already seen
them on film.

  Rob

*
*