This is the first time in a long time the list has been interesting to me,
peculiar be my tastes.
I agree thoroughly with both Michael: ref. family resemblance and the issue
of definition, and as well with Antonio's spirit of perversity.
Shameless self advertisement: I have long considered myself an essayist in
film as well as an experimentalist. I think a lot of Antonio's mentions cross
over, obviously the Snow, Jacobs and Landow. Of the works of mine I consider
more essays than experiments The Chinese Typewriter is outstanding in its use of
cinema to comment on the relationship between the ideogram, the film frame and
Chinese social structure and education. filmed in the PRC in 1978 available
from Canyon Cinema, SF. also the recent unreleased An Anagram filmed in Russia
in 1991 a commentary on the collapse of belief systems.
Thanks guys, for sticking your heads out.
Dan

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.