with apologies for duplication, i hope i may impose on the list for some
curricular guidance

our department is looking for models of M.A. programs in media studies
to help us in our thinking about some curricular innovations that we're
in the process of shaping

given that the term "media studies" currently is used in a variety of ways,
we hope to get a sense of which aspects of the field are emphasized in
different programs, and in what configurations . . . our own programs in
traditional "cinema studies" are well established; what we're especially
interested in now are the ways in which other programs have moved
beyond the traditional limits of this text [or history] based discipline
into newer areas

if your institution has an M.A. program in some version of media studies,
we'd very much be interested in any information about it that you can pass
along  . . . of special interest would be program descriptions, course
descriptions, course curricula, and even syllabi of specific courses . . . while
your own personal view of your institution's media studies curriculum would
no doubt be particularly enlightening, we'd gladly settle for any institutional
boiler-plate that provided some sense of what your program looks like

since my guess is that most H-Film people would not be particularly interested
in this, perhaps it would be best to answer off-list to <[log in to unmask]>

for myself and my colleagues, many thanks for anything you care to share

mike frank

. * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **