Hi,

You can also try http://www.commanet.org/

Commanet is a charity that promotes and supports community archives. We offer advice on sources of funding and on setting up and running a community archive group. We supply Comma software and provide training, support and web hosting for community archives. We are partners with The National Archives and others in the Linking Arms and Community Access to Archives Projects. We are also involved in a number of community archive projects across the UK and worldwide, for example, Comma software is used for the Community Memories element of the Virtual Museum of Canada.

Helena Wetterberg
Community Interpretation Officer
Manchester Art Gallery
Mosley Street
Manchester
M2 3JL
Tel: 0161 235 8823
Internal: 804 8823
Fax: 0161 235 8899
email:[log in to unmask]
www.manchestergalleries.org

"Smith N.E." <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "elearning projects group: museums and galleries, libraries and archives" <[log in to unmask]>

28/11/2006 16:16
Please respond to
"Smith N.E." <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Systems for personal stories

COINE is a good place to start, as well as Elgg.net, downloadable Open Source Content Management Systems are not always the best option becasue they often require quite complicated setup, but ones like Wordpress, Mambo, and PHPNuke are relatively painless. Drupal with CivicCRM is the best for a large Community website and has extensive audio and video uploading facilities.  Elgg is designed primarily fro teaching community websites and is worth a look.

Nicole Smith