From http://www.sup.adc.education.fr/handi-U/ it looks like support for study depends on the institution that you are studying at.

And it all seems to be about physical "handicap". Not much there about Learning Disabilities/Difficulties much less Learning Differences or Neurodiversity.

Gallic shrug of the shoulders, pouted lips, "bof!".

Ian Litterick
Executive Chairman
www.iansyst.co.uk
www.dyslexic.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Faye Langston
Sent: 10 July 2006 11:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DIS-FORUM] funding for French students

Hi

I have translated some of this via babelfish  (http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/tr) and you could also do the rest to get a full translation. Hope this helps

Faye Langston
Disabilities Co-ordinator
Coventry University

Translated text as follows:

.....The purses of higher education on social criteria are allotted to the students who meet the following conditions: - to be old of less than 26 years to October 1 of the year of higher training, in the case of a first request for purse of higher education on social criteria. As from 26 years, the students should not stop their studies to continue to profit from a purse. The age limit can be moved back according to the duration of voluntariate in the armies or civil voluntariate as envisaged with the L.121-1 articles and L.122-3 of the code of the national service. For the coeds, the age limit is moved back one year per high child. No age limit is opposable to the students reached of a handicap recognized by the institutional commission in charge of the recognition of the handicap; - to be titular French baccalaureat or of a title or diploma admitted in exemption or equivalence for the inscription in first year of higher studies. This condition is not required for the attribution of a purse at the time of the passage in second year of higher studies. It could be held account of the particular methods of inscription in certain educational establishments higher. The candidates with the attribution of a purse of higher education on social criteria to prepare the contests with the teaching function must have, at 1 January preceding the tests by the contest, the diploma or titrates required; - to be registered in initial formation, France or in a Member State of the Council of Europe, a public educational establishment or a formation entitled to receive stock-brokers, and to follow higher studies full-time concerning ministry in charge of national education or higher education (cf appendices 1,2 and 3); - to be of French nationality or to have the nationality of a Member State of the European Union or of another State left to the European economic Area. In accordance with the provisions of articles 39 and 40 of the Treaty of Rome and articles 7 and 12 of the European payment n° 1612/68 of 15 October 1968 relative to freedom of movement for the Community workers, the above mentioned European students, must fill one of the conditions hereafter: a) to attest of an employment in France, full-time or part-time during the year under review. The activity must real and effective and be carried on in the capacity of paid or non wage-earning person; b) to attest that the father, the mother or the legal guardian perceived incomes in France during the year under review;